Monday, April 20, 2020

WEEK 2




APRIL 20-24

PARENTS:
Welcome to Week 2! I am sure you are working hard at helping your student and learning all about google classroom, meetings, and online school. I continue to work on figuring out how to decrease print/paper activities and just use links directly to the speech therapy activities.

I have added a tab for Internet Tools. This will have various websites for continued speech and language resources and as I find them, I will continuously add to it.

IMPORTANT: If you have not received your student's speech folder please email me at emarlett@eskymos.com. They will need these folders to complete some of the activities.


I have office hours! If you have questions or want your student to say hello, just click the link and I will be there. You can also send me an email and I will respond right away. I look forward to connecting with each of you.



Let's get to work this week!! 😀 Remember to have fun and enjoy working together

Weekly Activity:
Let's go on a SOUND HUNT!

*You will need paper, scissors, pencil, crayon, marker
*Fold and Cut the paper into even pieces
*Look around your house, yard, neighborhood and find items that start with your sound.
*Parents or students write the word they find and students can draw a picture. You just made flashcards!


How to use your Sound Hunt Words for speech and language practice:
Articulation:
- Practice saying the words 3-5 times every day (parents can say the words first and the student repeats.
- Put your words in small sentences "I see a____."
-Play hide and seek - hide the cards and have the child find it and then say the word.

Language:
-Look up the definition for the word (define)
- Tell about your items include color, size, shape, function. (labeling and concepts)
-Tell if something goes with that item (associations)
-Tell about things that might belong in the same group (categories)
-Take 2 of the words and see if they are alike or not. (same/different)
- Find out if there is another word that means the same thing (multiple meanings)